We all know modern, efficient manufacturers cannot afford to carry out R&D on bulk production machinery. New formulations are developed on a small scale in the lab before transfer to full scale production.
That’s why is it’s so important to have the right laboratory mixing equipment!
In our experience, laboratory processes usually focus on producing a sample that meets customer requirements, BUT the formulation often does not produce the same result when transferred to bulk machinery and that is when costs start to spiral…..
A big issue is performance variation between mixers used in the lab and production line mixers. A mix that works in the lab can be difficult to directly replicate on the production line when quantities are upscaled to production levels.
Wouldn’t it be better if you had a laboratory mixer that accurately mirrored the performance of your production line mixers?
This common problem has huge cost implications for industry in the form of lost production time, wasted materials and late delivery.
Historically, the only option was to put up with these inefficiencies and accept that production mixers would have to be taken off line while they were used to reformulate the mix from the lab until it ‘worked’ in production quantities.
Investment in the right laboratory mixing equipment can solve the problem and pay for itself in months, if not weeks.
Greaves – Lab Mixers with Production Line Performance
What should you be looking for when specifying a new laboratory mixer?
- Safety – should be compliant with HSE & ATEX
- Scalable – replicates exactly the same conditions as your bulk machine, so formulations or recipes are transferable with the same result
- Reliable – always produces the same results
- Robust – tough enough for the job and will last for years
- Versatile – capable of replicating the same results as all your bulk equipment
So what’s new from Greaves?
The updated Greaves range of Laboratory mixers will be available from the early part of 2015:
The new range features:-
- HMI touch programmable display
- Shaft speed display
- Compact inverter drive (with safe torque off)
- Continuous speed and torque control
- Data export
- Thermal/pressure/vacuum mixing options
As the leading manufacturer of industrial mixing equipment, Greaves’ laboratory range has been first choice for over 30 years. Our new range takes lab mixing performance to the next level.
For more information, call us on 01706 824191 or get in touch here