We experienced a challenging opening to 2016 with our headquarters feeling the full impact of the floods which devastated many parts of the North West. Our employees, customers and suppliers were all brilliant. We would like to thank all of them for their support through this difficult time.
Despite the inauspicious start, 2016 developed as another landmark year for Joshua Greaves Ltd with significant achievements and investments in growth.
Amongst our successes during 2016, we have seen:
- The best unit sales of mixers in the Company’s 95-year history
- Significant recruitment; a further 20% increase in manufacturing workforce during 2016, representing a 60% increase since 2010
- Ongoing major projects including pharmaceutical & veterinary supply chains, construction coatings & sealants, communication hardware, defence products, biomass reactors, food process kettles and another sharp rise in high shear batch mixer orders
- Significant rise in exports both indirectly and directly
- Mixcare support and maintenance contracts continue to increase (See http://www.greaves.co.uk/mixcare/)
- 200% increase in vessel orders Year on Year
Investment during 2016:
- New CAD software and 3D system
- New telephone system and refurbished offices
- 30% increase in design team resources to ensure we can meet your needs
There is no question that 2016 has been a positive year for Joshua Greaves but, as always, our focus is forward to 2017 and making our products and service to you even better.
Looking ahead to 2017: Further growth predicted:
New support teams with additional products to include:
- New South UK Greaves regional support team from Feb 2017
- Scottish distributor & support deal from March 2017
- Irish distributor & support deal from March 2017
- Contract to supply European sourced, class leading milling machines from March 2017
We are eagerly anticipating a prosperous New Year and to meeting the challenges of 2017.