2019 is our centenary year. Over the past 100 years, Greaves has built an enviable reputation for our knowledge and expertise in mixing processes and systems. While the technologies have continually developed to meet the growing needs and expectations of our customers, we have witnessed a significant acceleration in the sophistication of mixing requirements over the past 20 years.
Above all, with market forces driving a relentless pursuit of product quality and consistency, our clients have been pressed to constantly improve their manufacturing processes. As a result, enhanced technical performance and mixing productivity are now essential. These advances have primarily been achieved through process systems delivering ever more flexible control automation and a corresponding reduction in the need for human intervention.
In today’s manufacturing world, the Greaves Team sees a constant requirement for High-Performance Mixing Solutions and Integrated Mixing Systems. Furthermore, we have seen this shift across all of our markets whether industrial chemicals, food or pharmaceuticals.
Consequently, many features that might have been considered as optional ‘add-ons’ or costly luxuries in the 1980s and 90s are now common requirements:
- Hygienic design with no “hang-ups” to avoid cross-contamination
- Highly-polished stainless steel
- Integrated cleaning systems for rapid product change
- Rapid heating and cooling for energy efficiency
- Pressurised/vacuum vessels to control cycle times
- High-performance shaft sealing technology to eliminate product leakage
- Automated filling and discharge to expedite production turnaround
- Programmable cycle control with batch recording for end-to-end traceability
- Material and finish certification, FAT & SAT acceptance for comprehensive documentation
Notwithstanding these rapid changes, we are proud to maintain our position at the forefront of industrial mixing technology.
So, here’s to the next 100 years.